About Me

My photo
Just to tell you a little about myself, my name is Vickie and I was born and raised in Kentucky. The majority of my ancestors have been in Kentucky since the 1790’s. I have always loved history, a good mystery and puzzles and that is what Family History Research is all about. As a child we would take day trips on Saturdays and head down some dirt road looking for old cemeteries. A lot of the time we weren't looking for anyone in particular, we just like to read the epitaphs. We would have a picnic lunch packed and have lunch at whatever cemetery we were at. If the weather was bad my Dad and I would go to a courthouse and dig through old records in musty old basements looking for our ancestors. So as you can see I have had an interest in Family History for quite some time.

Friday, January 12, 2018

My New Family History Website

The following is the link to my new site:
I am working on setting up a new website to host mine, my husband, Roy's and my Client's family info.

I will be keeping my blog right here though, so I can keep posting stories and other items of interest for everyone.

I have had all my family trees on Rootsweb for years, but Rootsweb went down back at the first of December and it looks like it could be quite awhile before they might be up and running again.

This new site will be going up and down for the next little bit while I get things all set up, but be patient and hopefully it won't take me to long to figure it all out.

I will also be able to add family pictures and attach them to each individual they correspond with.  This part I am really excited about, but right now I am still working on figuring out exactly how to do that.

After you click on the new site, you can click on Roy's side or Vickie's side in the top left corner to see our trees.  Then click on ancestors, then if you click text, you will see pedigree charts like mine looked like on Rootsweb.

I now have 5 trees uploaded as of today's date 24 Jan 2018.  Read the intro on the home page and it will tell you how to access and search through what trees you are looking for.

Any questions, comments or corrections to any of these trees please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment